If you donít know where you are going how will you ever get there? Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail!
Numerous studies and academic research have consistently shown that individuals with Comprehensive Financial Plans have a higher net worth, have more assets accumulated at retirement, have greater confidence that they will achieve their goals and are happier in retirement than those without a comprehensive plan. Comprehensive financial planning will give you peace of mind and allow you to sleep better at night.
Comprehensive financial planning involves the detailed review and analysis of all facets of your financial situation beginning with identifying your desires and goals. Once we know what you desire to accomplish, then we begin to evaluate your entire financial picture including cash flow analysis, retirement planning, risk management, investment management, tax management and estate planning. It is only through this type of comprehensive analysis that your true financial condition can be determined and the proper plan can be recommended that will optimize your financial resources, leverage your opportunities and address any obstacles or risks that could prevent you from achieving your goals. This process typically involves the following elements:
- Sharing your life goals, values and philosophies about your money and finances with your planner.
- Cultivating a relationship with your planner based upon mutual trust and respect.
- Evaluating your current financial situation by identifying all your assets and liabilities in order to accurately calculate your net worth.
- Gathering detailed information about your daily, monthly and yearly expenditures.
- Constructing a cash flow statement based upon your income and expenses.
- Analyzing your spending habits and developing a workable budget that you can realistically follow and which will allow you to obtain your goals.
- Gathering and analyzing all relevant financial documents including financial statements from banks, brokerage account statements, estate documents, insurance policies, real estate holdings and employee benefit plans.
- Discussing various planning assumptions (rate of return, inflation rate, etc.) which will impact your plan, identifying long and short term goals, evaluating risk that may prevent you from obtaining your goals and mapping out various paths to take to realize those goals based upon these assumptions.
- Monitoring your plan and situation as your life, goals and market conditions change to make sure that your finances are working optimally for your unique desires.
- At all times during this process, your planner should be acting as a Fiduciary agent for you. This means your best interests should always be their first and top priority.
We believe that everyone should have comprehensive financial plan and we work to make sure that all our clients have a plan that they are confident will allow them to achieve their goals and have the life they desire.