Our Investment Management approach is built around intelligent, low-cost, strategic and tactical asset allocation. We believe that investors who follow a carefully planned set of rules have a higher success rate than those who act on their whims or “gut feelings”. Our number one priority is preservation of capital. We employ both fundamental and technical strategies. During unhealthy or corrective markets, we look to lessen risk by reducing weak positions or simply raising cash. We believe that an active approach is better than a passive one, especially during market corrections.
Our strategic asset allocation approach is fundamental in nature with the following characteristics as they relate to equities:
- The best way to protect ones downside is to pay a low price for a business.
- A low Price-to-Earnings ratio (P/E ratio) is an excellent metric when determining the “value” of a stock.
- A high Return on Equity (ROE) is an excellent metric when determining the profitability of a stock.
- A stock with a good track record of paying and raising dividends is reflective of shareholder-friendly management.
- Over the long term, re-investing the dividends of cheap companies (low P/E ratio) that have a high return on equity and histories of raising dividends can increase the value of an investment portfolio substantially.
Our tactical asset allocation approach is technical in nature with the following characteristics as they relate to equities:
- Our tactical strategy removes emotion from the decision making process and allows rational decisions to be made in a structured, disciplined manner (When to Buy, When to Sell and How Much to Buy/Sell).
- Simple strategy implemented with a sophisticated algorithm that identifies opportunity and manages risk.
- Sector Rotation – We monitor positions on a daily basis. We do not attempt to time the market or predict the markets direction, but react to the market. Our tactical strategy strives to move to sectors where money is treated best while avoiding the sectors that are underperforming.
- We diversify by investing in highly liquid, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) that allow us to gain exposure to the indexes that track the sectors identified as opportunities. This allows us to gain exposure in the following sectors: Large Cap Growth, Large Cap Value, Mid Cap Growth, Mid Cap Value, Small Cap Growth, Small Cap Value, International Growth, International Value, International Small Cap, Emerging Markets, and Real Estate.
- Cash is a Position – If our research does not identify opportunities, assets are moved to a cash (Money Market or Equivalent) position to await the next identified opportunity.
At Ajax, Our process begins by taking a holistic approach to your financial life. Our advisors identify your needs and constraints before making any investment recommendations. We construct an investment policy statement that becomes the blueprint for your Investments and Asset Allocation. It is at this time that your advisor will recommend a unique mix of Strategic and Tactical positions, which can consist of Stocks, Bonds, and Money Market Funds.
Ajax Capital Advisors manages separate accounts (both taxable and retirement) for individual investors and institutions. The managed accounts are with Charles Schwab, a top rated Custodian. Clients receive access to balances, positions and trades in real-time. Our format allows for complete transparency and access to your funds.